In 2021, Stella Jones required the removal and replacement of one of their pressure vessels. Once the existing vessel was removed and responsibly decommissioned, the new one was transported in 2 pieces 20kms from the manufacturer to site. These 2 pieces were then installed into one cohesive unit, with a final weigh-in of 250,000 lbs / 125 T.
Project Date: Q2 2021
Industry: Lumber processing
NB Scope:Remove one (1) existing Pressure Vessel and Install one (1) new Pressure Vessel, to be transported over the road in two sections and installed as a single unit.
- Nickel Bros supplied the equipment and workforce necessary to complete project
- Extracting one (1) existing pressure vessel
- Transport one (1) new pressure vessel 20kms from manufacturer to install site.
- Provide custom engineering, workforce and equipment for final installation into place
Cargo Stats (LWH@Lbs):
- 167′ x 8’3″ x 8’3″ @ 250,000 lbs
- 20 kms by road for each piece
- 200′ on-site
- Confined work space
- Management of weights and lengths while extracting / installing vessel in a tight space
- Careful surveying of workspace and tolerances
- Usage of unified hydraulic equipment to ensure leveled lifts
- Custom engineering on extraction / install system