A great example of a factory to foundation project! Nickel Bros was trusted again by Stella Jones in 2022 to remove two existing tanks (vertically stacked, 157,000 Lbs / 78.5 T and 180,000 Lbs / 90T respectively). Additionally, our teams transported a replacement tank (160,000 lbs / 80 T) from the manufacturing facility 20km by road to its new permanent location.
Project Date: Q1 2022, Q4 2022
Industry: Lumber processing
NB Scope: Removal of two existing tanks, one of them sitting at an elevated platform on top of the other and replacing the lower tank with a new one that also has to be moved over the road from manufacturing facility to site.
- Nickel Bros supplied the equipment and workforce necessary to complete project
- Extracting one (1) Re-uping tank (placed on elevated platform).
- Extract one (1) #5 Retort (located below Re-uping tank)
- Transport one (1) new #5 Re-tort tank 20kms from manufacturer to install site.
- Install new #5 Re-tort tank in place.
Cargo Stats (LWH@Lbs):
- 110′ x 7’6″ x 7’6″ @ 160,000 lbs
- 20 kms
- Confined work space
- Working at heights
- Management of weights and lengths while extracting / installing vessel in a tight space
- Moving new tank in one piece by road
- Careful surveying of workspace and tolerances
- Usage of unified hydraulic equipment to ensure leveled lifts
- Custom engineering on extraction / install system
- Adjustments made for working at heights
- Engineering of transporter for over the road transport.